Staying at The Bark Inn
Your small dog’s sleepover retreat
Your dog’s comfort is our number one priority.
We are committed to making sure our guests have a happy, healthy, safe and low stress visit.
Our retreat includes space for them to play and stay active in over two and a half acres of dedicated guest areas.
We like to encourage enrichment for all our guests.
The dogs have a selection of toys, water play, a sandpit for digging, and given room for friendly games of chase.
The guest lounge is equipped with comfy beds and a couch for relaxing while watching a movie or listening to music.
Our guests can choose to lounge around or have a game with others in the play areas while fully supervised.
Every dog or family has a dedicated bay to sleep with their bedding or our comfy beds during rest times.
A selection of crates are available if your dog is used to being crated at night.
Please refer to our FAQ’s page for more information.
- Age – Any age small dog, fourteen days after full vaccination.
- Size – Exclusively for small dogs, standing up to a maximum of 42cm from ground to shoulder when adults. (Sorry no Bulldogs, Bull Terriers or Staffordshire Bull Terriers (Staffies) or crosses of these breeds).
- Social – As an off leash group play environment, all guests must enjoy the company of other dogs and be able to play in groups.
- Non-aggressive – especially with toys, food, objects, toward people, other dogs and over territory.
- Health – All dogs must be in good health to attend The Bark Inn. All dogs must be free from any conditions that could put other guests at risk. Dogs who have been sick with a transferable condition in the last 30 days will require a vet certificate of good health to attend.
- All dogs must be up to date on flea and worming treatments.
- Vaccines – All dogs must be up to date on Parvo, Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis and Canine Cough, and having received vaccinations no sooner then 14 days prior to attending The Bark Inn. (Vaccines due to expire during or within 2 weeks after boarding will need to be given prior to boarding). Proof of vaccinations or titer test results are required.
- Council Registration – All dogs must have current registration with their local council and have the disc or strap attached to their collar or harness.
- Males must be desexed by 7 months and no entire females while in season.
- Comfort Check – All new clients will require an on site visit prior to being accepted.
- Guests who have not attended in over six months may require re-visit prior to staying.
- Application Form & Records – Application form must be completed and submitted with proof of vaccines, microchip number and local council registration prior to a comfort check being booked.
A visit is booked for your visit after submission of the application form and records.
Please book well in advance of boarding needs.
All dogs are individuals and as such not all are suited to our environment.
Our on site visit evaluates how comfortable your dog is with unknown people, dogs & spaces and how well they settle in our guest accommodation.
If for any reason we feel this is not the right environment we can offer you suggestions for alternate pet care.
The visit lasts between one to two hours.
The comfort check costs $28.00 per dog.